Understanding of what the funeral should accomplish, and dedication to the principle that everything possible will be done to help, is our goal. Our funeral homes take pride in offering you personal attention and distinctive service. You can count on us to be a source of caring and comfort during a difficult time.
Please read on to meet our dedicated staff, learn about our history, find contact information for our five locations, and find some helpful links that we have provided for you.
Barnes Funeral Homes, Inc. continues to be the leader in Funeral Service to area families. We are on our fourth generation of Barnes Family ownership and management.
- 1970 - First licensed female Funeral Director - Sharon J. Barnes (Currently 3 on staff: Sharon J. Barnes, Erin M. Barnes & Jill Vaniman)
- 1971 - Radio communications with our motor vehicles
- 1981 - First Preble County Funeral Home with Computer System
- 1981 - Customized Memorial Folders
- 1982 - Table of Memories
- 1982 - Monuments & Markers
- 1986 - Fax Machine Services
- 1987 - Toll Free Nationwide Telephone Number
- 1995 - Credit Card Services - Visa, Mastercard, Discovery, American Express
- 1997 - Support Information Website www.barnesfuneralhome.com
- 1998 - E-Mail Computer Condolences
- 1999 - Eaton -Preble County Chamber of Commerce - City of Eaton Beautification Award
- 2002 - New Website with greater amount of references, support information and on-line obituaries with archiving
- 2006 - Centennial celebration (100 years of service)
- 2007 - New Website
- 2008 - On Line Website Flower Arrangements
- 2009 - Event by Wire Internet Service provider
- 2010 - Lewisburg Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year
- We will continue to provide our families with excellent professional service, facilities and equipment. We are "One Name, One Family, Over One Hundred Years of Service, Because We Care"